Below is a list of some of the many things you will need to do before your wedding. For an even more detailed list, see the link to the wedding planning checklist in the Resources area of this page.
6 months or more before your wedding:
- Arrange for an interview with the pastor at Holy Trinity
- Get baptismal records for the bride and/or groom
- Set a wedding date with the church
- Confirm where you will do your marriage preparation
- Sign up for a parish marriage preparation program or an Engaged Encounter Weekend.
4 months or more before your wedding:
- If you plan to have a visiting priest, confirm with Holy Trinity
3 months or more before your wedding:
- Meet with the Music Minister to discuss options for the wedding liturgy
- Review and select the Scriptures, prayers and music for the service
2 months or more before your wedding:
- Finalize the details of the wedding liturgy
- Be sure all documentation is completed and sent to Holy Trinity
- Ask appropriate people to be liturgical ministers - readers, communion ministers, etc.
- Call the florist to order floral arrangements for the church
1 month or more before your wedding:
- Get the program prepared, reviewed and printed (if you plan to have one)
- Discuss details with photographers and videographers
1 week before your wedding:
- Remind the wedding party, family and others to be on time for the rehearsal
Bring to the wedding:
- The rings