Ushers are part of the Hospitality Ministry of Holy Trinity parish. Our ushers faithfully perform their duties for our parishioners and guests during the weekend Masses and on Holy Days of Obligation.
Our ushers also serve at funeral Masses to honor the deceased members of our parish. They are on hand to assist the family and funeral attendees, especially those who may not be familiar with Holy Trinity.
In addition to the more familiar tasks of passing out the collection baskets during Mass and distributing church bulletins after Mass, our ushers carry out a number of important tasks to serve the parishioners of Holy Trinity Parish. These include:
- Greeting the parishioners and visitors as they enter the church for Mass
- Finding seating for congregants when the church is crowded
- Helping the disabled and if requested, arranging to have Holy Communion brought to their pews.
- Ensuring that congregants are available for the Offertory Presentation of the Gifts.
- Answering any questions that our parishioners or guests may have or directing them to the appropriate person if the usher does not know the answer.
Also, at least one usher at each Mass is CPR and AED (Automatic external defibrillator) certified. Should an emergency arise, our ushers know what to do.
Being a member of the Ushering Ministry is personally very rewarding - and the Holy Trinity Usher Ministry is open to both men and women of our parish. If you are a caring, reliable, conscientious and dedicated person the Usher Ministry will be very pleased to welcome you. Call today – they would love to hear from you!