Ministers of the Word (Lectors)
Lectors make the public proclamations of God's Word.
On Sunday lectors do two readings, and on other special feasts and ceremonies, they serve in the delivery of various readings of the scriptures. They also lead in the community's presentation of petitions and serve the broader needs of parish through public announcements.
Qualities of a Good Lector
- Knowledge, appreciation and love for the scriptures
- The maturity and ability to proclaim the scriptures with poise and confidence
- An understanding of the role of scripture in daily life, the liturgy, the sacraments, and the liturgical seasons
- Good public speaking skills
- Ability to convey warmth, to gain and keep the assembly's attention, and to motivate others through speech
- A commitment to live the message of the scriptures that is being proclaimed.
If you would like to volunteer as a lector at Holy Trinity, call us to learn more. Men and women are welcome to serve as lectors and we have lectors of all ages.